A few years ago the battery in my beat-up
VW Beetle had died because I left the
lights on overnight. I was in a hurry to
get to work on time so I ran into the
house to get my wife to give me a hand to
start the car. I told her to get into our
second car, a prehistoric oversized gas
guzzler, and use it to push my car fast
enough to start it. I pointed out to her
that because the VW had an automatic
transmission, it needed to be pushed at
least 20 mph for it to start.
She said fine, hopped into her car and
drove off.
I sat there fuming wondering what she
could be doing.
A minute passed by and when I saw her in
the rear-view mirror coming at me at about
30 mph, I realized that I should have been
a bit clearer with my directions.
A response to a corny pick-up line.
Male: I would go to the end of the world
for you.
Female: Yes, but would you STAY there?

No comments:
Post a Comment