Wednesday, February 04, 2004

POLITICS - DEFINED

Son: Dad, I have to do a special report for school. Can I ask you a
>question?
>
>Dad: Sure, son. What's the question?
>
>Son: What's POLITICS?
>
>Dad: Well son, let's take our home as an example: I make all the final
>decisions on important matters. So let's call me MANAGEMENT. Your mother
>spends most of the money, so let's call her the GOVERNMENT. We take care
>of you and your needs. So, let's call you the PEOPLE. We shall call our
>maid Clara, the WORKERS. And we call your baby brother, the FUTURE. Do you
>understand what POLITICS means now?
>Son: I'm really not so sure dad. I'll have to think about it.
>That night, awaken by his baby brother's crying, the boy went to see
>what was wrong. Discovering the baby had seriously soiled his diaper, the
>boy
>went to his parent's room and found his mother sound asleep. Not wanting
>to disturb his mother, he then went to the maid's room. He peeked through
>the keyhole, and saw his father in bed with the maid. The boy's knocking
>went unanswered by his father and the maid. So, he finally returned to his
>room and went back to sleep.
>The next morning at the breakfast table:
>Son: Dad, I now think I understand POLITICS.
>
>Dad: That's great son! Please explain to me in your own words.
>
>Son: Well dad! While MANAGEMENT is screwing the WORKERS, the GOVERNMENT
>is sound asleep. The PEOPLE are being ignored and the FUTURE is full of
>shit!

No comments: