Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Budapest –(9-11/09/05)

A group of us (2 females and 6 guys) set off to Budapest after work. The flight was delayed for around one and half hours, hence, we only managed to reach the hostel at around midnight. To make matters worse, the guest house that we reserved was cancelled by the landowner as he interpreted my friend’s booking request wrongly! Luckily, he still had an apartment to house us in but of course we had to pay more. In the end, we paid for a lousy apartment at a much higher cost.

The next day, we decided to visit the Gellert hill bath place first since all of us didn’t exchange any currency yet. The Hungarians are really barbarians! They are so unkind to foreigners- this conclusion was made after our 2 days stay there.
Anyway, only 6 of us went in including me- we went to the public swimming pool and thermal bath first before I split off with the guys to go for sauna and massage.
Yes, I was the only gal with 6 guys and I wore my first 2 piece swimsuit.

The sauna was very good though it was a bit too warm – 45-50C, I couldn’t stand it for very long. Before this, I went for 15 mins massage and thermal bath.
Oh ya, hehe, the funny thing is I had to enter the guys area coz all of them took my money ! I was so worried if I will bump into a naked guy since on the female side- almost all the females were naked! I was lucky was every man seemed to be covering the private part and I was able to find my friends.

After spending around less than 2 hours, we came out feeling refreshed!

There after, we cross over to the pest side. I forgot to mention that the gellert hill bath was on the buda side- we passed through 4 bridges- chain bridge, Elizabeth bridge, liberty bridge and saw the magaret bridge.
We shopped around the Vaci Street and also in the flea market.There after, we headed to the hero’s square and walked around the area before splitting for dinner.

I and other 2 guys had a great dinner at a nice restaurant and we tasted the Hungarian beer which was quite good. After this, we walked pass all the bridges to get the night shots before heading to the opera house and home to zzzz.

On the 2nd day, we passed through the magnificent parliament house before heading to the buda side – we sat the tram train up to the buda castle and walked to the fisherman bastion, Matthias church and finally visited the labyrinth which I had wanted to visit a lot! It was really fun and exciting in the labyrinth as there were a lot of different sections of it and all 4 of us had a great time! Ok, we split for photo shoots and at the end the only ppl that were left were only me and another 3 guys. We also visited the exhibitions on the culture of the ppl there.

After this, we crossed over to the pest side to visit the st stephens basilica and house of terror. We went into the basilica to take some shots and it really lived up to its wonderful description!
We took photo outside the terror house but didn’t go in as there wasn’t enough time and furthermore, we had been to dachau ( near munich) which was the main nazi concentration camp. The roof of this museum was really unique and it took us around 20 mins to take a good shot of it.
Our flight was at 630pm, thus, we had to be at our guesthouse at around 430pm where we set off to the airport by cab.
At the end of this trip, all of us were dead tired and I meant our legs.This is a really fun trip and shall be my last country trip in Europe. Farewell to Europe!

No comments: