Monday, March 27, 2006

Kim Chi cum yum cha!

After watching countless of Korean series, I was very curious about their food especially the Kim chi food. I have always looked at the way the Korean actors mix everything with the round big spoon of theirs and yummy, it looks delicious!

My house mate coincidentally is a hard core fan of Korean series, and she never fails to another new series back once she is done with the current one.
She has also mentioned to me about a Korean restaurant near pasir panjang since last yr and I have always wanted to visit it but never did until 2 days ago.

It took awhile for me in deciding to eat there since my housemate cannot remember the name of the restaurant. It was actually a very prominent Korean restaurant just next to another seafood restaurant.

It has the settings/ ambience of Korean style, obviously but heh, this kind of setting was not done by Seoul garden (which claimed itself to be under the Korean category).
The most impt thing is the pricing; one can taste the Korean food without having to burn a big hole in the pocket.
The portion is also big, and I meant big!
Though the variety of food is limited, nonetheless, one can still taste the famous kimchi, ginseng chicken, Korean pancake etc..(the basic Korean food!)
BBQ is another option to cater the bigger groups of ppl dining out here.

At the end of the whole course, they will serve a kind of drink.The main purpose is to wash off your intestine (Korean food are basically too spicy for the body to take it).
The drink tasted a tact too sweet for my liking and I had no idea how it actually can serve the intention mentioned above without posing a high risk of getting diabetes.
Well, maybe it is just me. But, mind u, fyi, since young till now I have a sweet tooth.

Another thing that really amazed me was the usage of cotton cloth that expands when it touches the water- basically is a wet hand towel. Wow! Ok, it was not so WOW but it did somehow amaze some ppl( including me).

That basically sums up my dining experience! I shall try some other place next time.

Another thing to update is the dim sum that I had with wc, sk , D, and CL at Yum Cha. I had always wanted to try this place that was heavily advertised 3 yrs ago but never got to coz all of my other frens would always pull me to other places like imperial treasure restaurant, and another one at centre point which I forgot the name.
The food was not so bad but with a limited variety, nonetheless, what was more impt is that we had a fun time catching up with each other.

There after, me ,D and CL went for foot reflexology. This was the first time for D and I, and hmm, it was quite a nice experience with the aunty telling me not to visit such place again until I heal my foot… interesting…but won’t want to elaborate on this matter coz i am not too sure about it.

Till Then!

No comments: