Saturday, April 02, 2005

Icebar and flea market in milano (2/04/05)

We went to the flea market in milano after we went to check out the prices for renting the caravans for trips to Austria and Switzerland.

This flea market is very big as it stretches down to several streets with lots of stuff being sold at a very low price.
There was watermelon sold there- first time to see a watermelon in italy.

Basically, I bought aromatherapy joss sticks and air spray to get rid of smell left by the previous tenants.
I also bought a jacket, a pair of boots,etc….

It was really fun shopping in the flea market!!!! Of coz, I didn’t get to finish walking the whole market as I was given an hours time to shop in the market as we need to rush to meet other ppl to view guitars.

Ice bar- it is basically a bar made of ice including the glass we drink from.
It looks cool from outside and we were amazed by the way it was built.
It is a 2 storey building with the normal bar at the top and ice bar at the first level. We bought the passes from the 2nd storey before heading downstairs to the ice bar.

We were given cloaks to wear before stepping into the bar.There are a variety of drinks in it though limited. All of us shared amidst us- there were 10 of us.
We were in the ice bar for 40 mins – yes it was very long , hence, when we came out, our hands were so dry and basically, my body system went upside down.

There after, we hanged out at the 2nd storey and found out pope john paul passed away as there was a big monitor displaying this statement.
It was a fantastic place for a quiet hang out place. I found out how they made the ice bar and yes, special equipments were needed and they were designed by Volvo.
There is also an ice chapel in Stockholm- sami village where ppl can exchange vows there. There is also the ice hotel- hopefully I can visit it while I am there at Stockholm.
This concept is just simply wonderful and unique.

After that, we headed to duomo- central of Milan to check out the nightlife in Milan since we seldom have the time to go to Milan central after 12 am..So off we went and we saw an exhibition of fiat 50 yrs anniversary. All the vehicles/ planes designed by fiat were displayed in the public with a big dome glass covering it.
There were ppl, especially couples walking around though all the shops were closed.
Night view is basically amazing but it was so darn cold that I had to borrow a jacket from my friend.

We reached home about 2 am and I was too tired to do anything except eat and clean up. Haha, I was hungry at that time so I ate before I slept.If I ever get fat, this is the main reason!

That’s all for this weekend’s activities, now I shall go take a siesta.Need to rest for when I have the opportunity.

No comments: