13/02/05
Florence trip (2D1N)
This is the first trip I am out of Milan city but of coz I am still in Italy.
We left from Milan at about 6 am to catch the train at central at about 7 am to head to Florence. The journey took us around 3 hours and it was quite a pleasant trip as it is a 2nd class sitting carriage.
The train is similar to the train in Malaysia except that it is it is newer and the toilets are big and cleaner with toilet paper provided!
W reached Florence at around 10 am and the first place we head to was the information counter to get information about the city and yeah, to book a hotel for the night. Forgot to mention that we didn’t book a hotel in advance! We are sure adventurous right. There were 8 of us, 2 guys and 6 gals.
We managed to find a hotel which cost around 100 euro per night for 4 person per room including a sumptuous breakfast.
This was the first time I had such a nice breakfast since I am in Italy for about 2 weeks.
I had 3 pastries, one cup of hot chocolate, 2 cup of juices and one cup of lemon juice.
Oh ya, I develop a habit of drinking a cup of hot chocolate with milk- chociolat al latte in Italy since I came here.
There is a habit for Italians to drink at least one cup of espresso everyday and there are 2 coffee breaks for my company.
Florence is basically is a beautiful city as what I imagined. Finally, I get to step into Florence! I visited the famous museum Uffizi where all the famous painters works are exhibited like Michelangelo,Leonardo da vinci, and Bortecelli.
I also visited palazzo vecchio which is basically a palace which has been transformed to a tourist place. This is the place where one can see the wonderful collection of Cosimos who is the nephew of the king of Tuscany.
I am not a very artistic person, but hehe, I learnt to appreciate such stuff. A lot of figurines are exhibited in the public especially the David statue which is a symbol of freedom and it shows the virtues of the republic. All the artworks are an expression of the artist, so basically, all the figurines are nudist!
We had to queue for about 1 hour just to go in museum Uffizi. We were not able to visit the academia museum as we need to book in advance.
I crossed the bridge known as pinnochio if I am not wrong. The scene is really nice especially at night. I am finally in Florence River! I cannot believe it.
For once, I won’t trade in to go back early to Singapore. I am glad that I will be here for at least a year.
As such, I won’t need to rush to finish all places like some of my friends who are scheduled to go back in March.
Why did I say for once, coz life was not good initially. Anyway, God is gracious and will always be gracious to me.=)
I went to Pisa today to see the leaning tower of pisa. It was an hour journey by train from Florence and a half an hour walk from the train station.
It took us a long time to figure where it is. It sure was located at a secluded place.
Hence, we had to rush to go there and we were there for barely 5 mins.
All we did was took photos from a distance. I did not even go as close as 100 meters to it.
Reason being our train was leaving in 20 mins! And of coz taking photo is more important. Anyway, I am glad I was there to see the tower with my own eyes!
I forgot to mention that I cut my last toe. I accidentally kicked a chair in the hotel in the bathroom after I bathed. I thought it was nothing until I saw a pool of blood on the bathroom floor. I guess my skin here is very fragile, and yeah, my cuts on my hand have not recovered yet even after nearly 2 weeks.
Weather here is sure cold and bad for my skin. But after I went to Florence, my body figured that it is colder in Florence! Hehe, maybe I will get use to the weather soon.
Now, I want to proudly announce that I have 2 jackets! One is sisley brand and the other is united colors of Benetton.
I also got a few sweaters of sisley brand. Haha, I cannot believe it I am a fan of sisley now!
Now is almost twelve here, think I might take leave tomorrow since I cannot walk around.
Till then.

No comments:
Post a Comment