31st of Jan
I reached at my designated accommodation. It was such a big disappointment and I felt so home –sick.
The problem did not lie on me being anti-social or whatsoever, the place is just so disappointing and it was very cold. And I meant -4 Celsius. I was really not prepared at all to be in this cold weather and plus with this disappointing place which I am supposed to stay for a yr.
I prayed to God to ask for strength and to shift me to the guys’ hostel in whatsoever way. And yeah, finally, I am going to shift to the guys’ place.
I am also entitled to drive and thanks to senghee, he helped me warm up with the manual car.
The car is very new but not as big as those in Carrolton.
Anyway, I was so disappointed yesterday that I cried myself to sleep. Before that, I phoned my parents and Daniel. I did not dare to tell them that I was very disappointed with the place and suffering here. Suffering in the sense we had no water to drink at all on the first day when we arrived which was on the Sunday when all supermarkets were closed. On top of that, there were no one in when we first arrived and we were in a foreign land struggling to communicate in a foreign language.
Things got better in the late evening when we got drink some water and the Muar guys who were here since 3 weeks ago appeared. They treated us dinner at a Chinese restaurant. I finally got to eat after 8 hours of not eating, meaning we did not had lunch since after we landed at Zurich.
ST
We arrived ST at around 845am due to the traffic. Then, we were given a tour around and we had to attend class room training for a week before we are assigned to our mentor this Friday.
Lunch at ST was a real eye-opener; we can have free lunch after all!
We got our car too today, and I am registered to joo’s car. However, I sat on senghee car and was his map reader.
All 5 cars got lost in the middle of the road and the police came chasing after us as we hogged the highway road.
Nonetheless, with some kind Samaritan, I managed to bring the guys back to our lodgings. This is the first time in my life, I have to help read road signs and ask for directions. Thanks to God, we managed to reach safely.
Learnt some Italian language and yeah, I had to use my sparse Italia no for directions.
I guess when I am forced to use it, I really learn how to use it =)
It is 1130pm here. Oh yeah, in Italy, they only use 24 hour system.
On a bright note, I was labeled as a bella!!! Haha, I guess, such small stuff really cheer me up!
Okies… now I shall jump into my sack.
Nitez!

No comments:
Post a Comment